Hot Rod Forum banner

deck height

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  302 Z28 
#1 ·
i need to know the deck height for a 71 o10 350 block if anyone knows or knows where i can find out please let me know thanx

#2 · (Edited)
According to the Chevrolet Power book edition #5, the deck height of a small block is 9.025" from crankshaft centerline. Or 5.885" from the oil pan rail. I have attached a scanned copy of the dimension sheet. I hope it is readable,

Vince

Attachments

#3 ·
302/Z28... You wouldn't happen to have a sheet like that for a Big Block Chevy would you?:) I want to model one up in UG and could really use the info... I've done searches but haven't found anything like that on the internet.
Thanks
Mark

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks Vince! You da man!:thumbup:
I will get this dude chunked out and shoot you guys some jpegs. I will be using the data to design engine location and motor mounts for my Astro Van Project.
Here is a screen shot of the drivers side rear suspension, modified frame rail and the beginnings of the rear axle/brake rotor setup.
:D
Mark

I guess I should say this is all done in Unigraphics V18. I haven't started cutting yet but I'll know exactly what I need to do when I get to the actual construction phase...:cool:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.