deep 200 4r pan - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 09:25 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Is there some type of code on the pipe that tells you or grade of pipe that is better. I've never had any experience with pvc. I might give it a try. Also I've seen the filter extension for the 700 r4 and wonder if one of those would work on the 200 4r. Did some looking at what I've got, and if I removed the filter stand offs, I could lower the 200 4r filter to the bottom of the pan since its a top feeder.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 06:51 AM

Last journal entry: Still running strong

You can solder or braze some 3/8 fuel line (steel) to the bottom of the pan to hold up / keep the filter from falling out. You would have to measure then stand the pipe on end an braze. It'll take about 3 pieces. I did this to my 700r4 with a 4l60e pan. Very simple to do.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:27 PM

Well, I don't know about solder, that doesn't sound good. Brazing would be a better answer. I've had to hold off on the weekend project now because of the weather here in Iowa. I will just work on the other project of bypassing the thief security module that is acting up and not letting the Malibu start. I'll LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW THIS NOVA PROJECT GOES. IT REALY RUNS GOOD, NOW I KNOW IT WILL BE EVEN BETTER.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:44 PM

Me again. Talked to a couple of our local tranny guys in the last couple of days. One had a cure for me using my deep pan and a stock filter. So I stopped by our large hardware store and bought a special brace fitting that has a high temp/treasure plastic type tube, that fits into it. It has the perfect fit for the inside the tube. So I cut off the male end of filter after the sealing rubber stop and I used contact cement to seal it about an inch inside the other tube. I measure the total heath of the stock filter at just short of five inches. So i'll set it up to be at least 6 inches and then fit it to the spare tranny with the new 200 4r deep pan stand offs removed so the bottom of the filter sets on the bottom. Then i'll removed the pan and mark it and cut it to fit. I'm going to finish it Wednesday and it should be ready for this week end, one week later than I planned. I know, hear we go. I said something about plastic .
Old 05-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

The deep B/M steel pan I had came with an aluminum tube to put the filter low down in the pan.

See it here in the instructions.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:36 PM

worked on the 200 4r aluminum pan all day. Removed the stand offs and worked on the filter extension and mocked it up on my second tranny. Worked great. Even cleaned up the shed and took all the junk from the trannys and such to the junk metal place. Made a extra long bolt for the one valve body bolt so the filter has something to rest on extra. That way the filter is level and now is one+ inches lower than stock and sets one the bottom of the pan.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.