deertyintexas - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 02:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

deertyintexas

hello, in texas working on cars ,trucks,*****************

Advertisement

Last edited by poncho62; 11-26-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Welcome to the site.

Cole
Old 11-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

welcome....Sorry, but commercial advertising is not allowed on the board....or in the classified section....
Old 11-26-2010, 05:11 PM

commercial advertising

what is commercial advertising? im just a guy trying to help out other car guys, can you explain?
Old 11-26-2010, 05:16 PM

Last photo:

You stated that you own a business and were willing to sell stuff......That sir, is a commercial enterprise.......Commercial advertising is not allowed......
Old 11-26-2010, 05:21 PM

Sir

sir, i am retired army 24 years, never stated i own anything, i said there is a junk yard not far from me,,,,not mine,,,i wish it was but,,,,,not mine, and if anyone needed anything i would see if they have it, please respond
Old 11-26-2010, 05:25 PM

Last photo:

Sorry if I got it wrong, but I am pretty sure that your post stated that you "HAVE" a pic a part yard....which to me means you own it......

If you dont own it, why are you placing a classified ad for this yard?
Old 11-26-2010, 05:31 PM

hello

im not poting an add for the yard, there is a yard not far from me, they have alot of cars, i go there , and if anyone needs anything i will see if they have it, i do not own it, it is not an add for the yard, its an add to see if anyone needs any old car or truck parts they can not find,texas cars are pretty solid not to much snow down here, so here we are, did you take my add off? can i put it back on? are you gonna out it back on? should we ask someone else? should i reword it?
Old 11-26-2010, 05:41 PM

Last photo:

Let me get this straight....You are willing to go to this yard, take parts off, ship them .....all for the cost, not a penny in your pocket?

Well sir....If that bis the case, I guess I am wrong......and you should be quite busy

However, if you are making money from this, it is a business.......and you cant advertise here.

Just from my experience, I tend to believe that you will try to make money from this.

If you wish to dispute this, you are quite welcome to PM our administrator....his screen name is Jon.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:54 PM

Thanks

ok, sorry, i have been trying to restore cars since i was a teenager, i know how it is to need a part and not be able to find it , or finding one that will work but from a different year, i just retired from the army, and i get to do my hobby full time, i am now restoring a 1964 chevy biscayne, so it needs alot of work and parts, i go to this yard every couple days, and see all the cool and rare cars they have and think to my self,,,,,,i wonder if anyone needs these parts before they get crushed, and then i was thinking maybe i can post something and see if any one wants any of these parts. i was not going to try and make any money,,,,,sorry but the army retirement pays me pretty well,i was not going to try and sell engines, fenders, transmissions, just trying to see if anyone wanted or needed anything, i know there are alot of bad people out there i just dont happen to be one, i loved serving my country and 1 thing the army teaches you is take care of your buddies, sorry for not being what you think i am, sorry and upset that you think im someone im not,please remove my add ,.sometimes you get the most flack for trying to do a good thing, you know i love america, thats why i served her so well, thanks
Old 11-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Sorry.. but I read it that way also... You said ''you'' have a yard,, And if anyone needed something let you know... That is commercial advertising... You can put it in the classifieds here... Sorry.... but thats what I read also.. And I do have to say "Welcome to the site''... It will be great to have you here...

And thank you sir for your time in the Army...
Old 11-26-2010, 09:53 PM

thanks new,

i think the guy took off the ad or is going to, i was only trying to help people out, but with the responces from the first day i dont think it would be a good idea, if i owned a pick and pull yard i dont think i would have time to pull the parts and manage the yard? im sorry, just a little upset that this all went so bad so fast, i looked on the site and cant find the ad so i hope it is gone, i just go out there every few days, i love seeing the old classics, and since i was out there i was gonna look around and let the site car guys know what i found, i am a 90% disabled
combat vet, so i would not be able to pull anything large, just trim , and maybe small items, i carry a small tool bag when i go and get crazy stuff like radio knobs, outside trim stuff i can get to eazy and take off without to much pain , i hate staying around the house, so figured while i was out there if someone needed something i would try and find it, i only look for the older stuff as it is easier to work on, cant figure out the high tech stuff, this all got out of hand and i am sorry about the whole thing, i just figured that there were others like me out there that love to work on there own cars and need some old parts to make there cars run or look better, i know you can get anything from the aftermarket places but some things they dont reproduce, and thats the stuff i see every day going to be crushed and it makes me mad, i know some one is looking for that car and a few parts off of that car, and to see a large forklift pick it up and put it in the crusher makes me a little sad, but everyone must put food on the table so the salvage yards must do what they do, i promise you and all the other members of this site i will never post anything again in the classified on this site, i just figured they were all good old car guys that might need a little help, like myself, i have used this site to get many answers about my 1964 biscayne, and figured i would somehow try and return the favor, i have meet many helpfull nice people here ,so figured it was a good place to be a part of,but with the good is the bad, i guess its the ying yang thing, sorry again, please if the ad is still there take it off please, or let who ever does that thing know to take it off,please? thanks again every one for seetin me straight on what not to do when placing an ad on the site, im a newbe, and trying to learn how to do things on this site, i claim to know alot of smart people,i just dont claim to be one of them, thanks for eveyones help
Old 11-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Hey man !!! It's all good.. No problem at all. This site is strict about the rules here... No harm done... We all like cars too. And this is one of the best sites on the web.. Just don't break the rules.. I build cars everyday also.. It's in my blood.. Again make yourself at home here... Just Remember some days are better then other here.....
Old 11-27-2010, 04:59 AM

Thanks

i grew up in Mississippi, where we didnt have alot of money but we had alot of old cars and thats what we did for fun, i guess it was better than makin moonshine, after high school i went into the army and they sent me everywhere, so now im retired, i get to do what i love best ,looking for old cars and trying to bring them back to life, my wife works so i get alot of alone time during the day, so try and stay busy working on my 2 projects, but when i get real bored then i go to the car guys i know around here so we can talk about the old days and old cars, so i try and learn from everyone i meet, there is alot i dont know about older cars and its fun talking with guys who love cars as much as me, i am trying to rebuild a car i had in high school, that i had to leave behind and now has about 5 yellowjacket nest and looks like it was a 1964 chevy greenhouse for Mississippi weeds, i always planned on going back and getting it and restoring it but mother nature took her away,so found the same car, in texas with 59,000 miles, in bad shape, but gonna get her on the road, the parts for a 64 biscayne are crazy hard to find,but i will not give up, also restored a 1972 buick riviera with a 455 grand sport, that took me about 10 years to get done, shoot i still am looking for a trunk lock that i cant find, after 10 years i still have to use a 12 inch screwdriver to pop the trunk, but its the the hunt that makes us get up and go looking , hope you are not having to much fun in the great state of LA, man i miss the 3 big states of MS,LA,AL, where everywhere you go people wave hello to you, thats the life, good people, great food, and if you have a break down on the road everyone pulls over to help,
Old 11-27-2010, 06:03 AM

Last photo:

The ad is gone...Sorry we got off on the wrong foot...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.