I tore everything down and check for a vacuum leak. I put the 1" plastic spacers on the formica counter top and they rocked. BINGO! Sanded them flat top and bottom. Next, took the throttle plates off and noticed a different gasket on each carb. One was correct, one was a Holley for two corner idle! Fixed. Cleaned all orifices and found one of the boost referenced power valve fitting had NO flow. Fixed.
Set the idle screws out 2 turns this time and fired it up. HUGE difference and it idled cold just fine. But now it smells rich. I set all four throttle screws at .020" of the transfer slot but it idled at 1500RPM. I am shooting for 1000-1100. Backed the screws down equally and now it has a 500rpm blower roll I do not want. Tried leaning the idle screws all the way to one turn out and it runs great EXCEPT the roll, and in gear it is even worse and undriveable.