Demon Carb Questions - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 03:09 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Demon Carb Questions

I bought a used carb and wanted to set it back up as it came and put it on my car. I decided to replace the gasket and see what else was changed . I changed the jets back to what the was supposed to be , and looked at the old gaskets on the metering blocks . They were different and iam not sure whats correct , Also one hole in each gasket don't seem to be right . Looks like someone before me made the hole bigger .
What is that hole for ? Is the hole supposed to cover whats under it ? The new gaskets ( holley blue ones ) don't quite cover it , it still has a very tiny spot its not covering . I circled the spots in red in the pics below .

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

The second picture looks like the BG gasket. I've attached a picture from a BG #190080 bowl service pack, 4500 I use on my 750 BC's. It's blurred but you get the picture...pun intended, he he.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

That worked well, try this.[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1180006.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	27207  
Old 01-20-2008, 06:29 PM
GTS Monaro Coupe 406

Last photo:

Top pic gasket has a small mod hole to the emulsion channel and i dont know why and i dont like it.

Bottom pic gasket is ok and the hole you refer too is ok but not needed for your carb.

Ive got an old used gasket in front of me and it has an imprint on the gasket showing a channel from that hole which goes to the right to avoid the emulsion tube then up to another hole in the gasket which also doesnt seem to be used on your carb. The Holley book says the channel is "ported vaccum signal from main body transferred here".

The Demon book shows no ported vaccum signal channel but the Holley does so its for Holley's and shouldnt be a concern to you.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:57 PM

Last photo:

Thanks guys , in the bottom pic i posted , The red circle is where idle feed restrictor circuit is and theres a spot where the hole doesn't quite cover the idle feed restrictor . I know that the idle feed restrictor is feed from the main well and didn't feed directly to the main body ( as theres no hole in the main body where the idle feed restrictor orfice is)
Mostly just wanted reassurance that i wasn't missing something with the new gaskets . Thanks again .
Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Technical Support Barry Grant

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy B
I bought a used carb and wanted to set it back up as it came and put it on my car. I decided to replace the gasket and see what else was changed . I changed the jets back to what the was supposed to be , and looked at the old gaskets on the metering blocks . They were different and iam not sure whats correct , Also one hole in each gasket don't seem to be right . Looks like someone before me made the hole bigger .
What is that hole for ? Is the hole supposed to cover whats under it ? The new gaskets ( holley blue ones ) don't quite cover it , it still has a very tiny spot its not covering . I circled the spots in red in the pics below .

Tommy B , The the gasket pictured on top definitely will not work. If you see the area just above the power valve there is no gasket to seal off the accelerator pump circuit and this will cause raw fuel to be dumped into the engine. The gasket on the bottom is correct but looks to be a very old version of ours due to the color fade and it appears it was leaking. As to where the hole was cut in the first one and the second gasket not covering the bottom of the emulsion channel this will have no affect as there is nothing on the main body in this area. As another member mentioned on the 2 unused holes, they are for vacuum on the older carbs we used to modify but the ported vacuum on the Demon is all contained within the baseplate.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:18 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech @ BG
Tommy B , The the gasket pictured on top definitely will not work. If you see the area just above the power valve there is no gasket to seal off the accelerator pump circuit and this will cause raw fuel to be dumped into the engine. The gasket on the bottom is correct but looks to be a very old version of ours due to the color fade and it appears it was leaking. As to where the hole was cut in the first one and the second gasket not covering the bottom of the emulsion channel this will have no affect as there is nothing on the main body in this area. As another member mentioned on the 2 unused holes, they are for vacuum on the older carbs we used to modify but the ported vacuum on the Demon is all contained within the baseplate.
Tech @ BG , that makes since , I ordered kit number 190080 , that should get me back to where i need . Thank you.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.