Demon Tuning by cuda66273.... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2006, 06:08 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Demon Tuning by cuda66273....

I was fortunate enough to receive a "free" copy of Don's "Performance Tuning 101". He had offered it to the first 3 members that contacted him. I was a bit late in getting to him I think, but he sent me one anyway asking that I post my thoughts on it.

This tuning guide is an excellent tool even for someone who thinks they know how to tune a carb. It's geared primarily to the Demon but the theories and tuning tips can apply to most carbs really.

It's easy to read and understand and offers up enough info for successful tuning and problem solving. Anyone should be able to have a great running carb following Don's procedures.

Considering the cost in time and frustration some people experience while trying to tune the carb on the fly, a mere $10 for 40+ pages is certainly well spent.

I would highly recommend "Performance Tuning 101".

And thanks Don for giving me the opportunity to review your guide.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2006, 09:06 AM

I found the guide when it was on his site somewhat useful but it didn't contain anything you can't find here on the forums.

I also bought a Demon from him and he had stated that he was going to set everything up for me prior to delivery, Well nothing was set-up, The idle mixture screws were all set a different amount in or out, The throttle plates where not set to what he told me to set them to, And the choke was sticking big time.

Good job Don.

Anyway I would not personally give this guy a dime for anything else.

Tmod
Old 03-12-2006, 11:42 AM

Last photo:

Some people should not own a screwdriver.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:01 PM

I am not saying that the Demon is crap or am I saying that I couldn't tune it.

What I am saying is you don't seem to follow through with what you promise a customer.

Just plain old crappy salesmanship

Tmod

Last edited by Tmod; 03-12-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:46 AM
Technical Support Barry Grant

Last photo:

The tuning guide that Don has put together is very informative, and has some great information. Yes it is geared towards Demon carburetors, but the principles will work with any carburetor. As with anything else the more information you have, the better your chances of making the proper tuning decision for your specific combination. There is not a "right" or "wrong" when it comes to tuning its a matter of giving the combination what it wants. Remember engines are like women, there are no two the same They may look similar, but all react different to input

This guide is like any other information, it helps point someone in the right direction, but its not an end all be all. As with anything else I don't think there is anyone who knows everything, so the more information you have available to you the better your chances of making the right decision. I don't necessarily agree 100% with everything Don, or anybody else says for that matter. We're all different, we come from different backrounds, and have different points of view. Some people tune by ear, some by vacuum, some by lambda, you can do well with any of these methods. Just do what you feel comfortable doing.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.