Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Designing my own scratch built Rat Rod, need guidance on where to start
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

I have a pretty fast cable internet connection too and it takes close to 3 minutes for it to load. It also depends how many people are trying to open it at the same time. It's not a very fast server where the plans are hosted on so part of the problem is on their end too. They're old CCR plans, VERY usefull. I'm building that frame step by step come spring.

Jerry, this is all you need to get started on your body

It's on ebay right now for $300, but like I said the 20's Dodge cowls go for way cheaper. Start collecting cheap parts now. If you find a cheap engine grab it, if you find a good front axel grab it. Slowly collect untill you can put it all together. Better to have all the parts before you build the frame, that way you can build the frame to match the parts and not customize the parts to fit your frame. If you're gonna scratch build a frame might as well build it to accomodate your parts as easy as possible.

Mike