Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Designing my own scratch built Rat Rod, need guidance on where to start
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:12 AM
User

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

There is a late seventies Ford truck hood in our pile of garbage, I would like to cut it up and make something out of it, kind of like the guy said he did in rod and custom with a 50' something GM hood. There is alot of Big-Truck junk in our scrap-yard too. I could weld together a roadster with dualies, a gas international 350 and trans, a enormous straight axle, and a really thick frame, and not spend nothing. (Probably be a nightmare to drive) Theres also a 6-cyl 63-Chevy Viking flatbed in there too, but the cab is almost gone, and the frame is really crappy looking. But it has a nice dash and instrument cluster, and the fenders are good too, along with most of the glass. I could have bought a new cab for 20.00 dollars a month or two ago, but I didn't think to. Now its crushed...

I'm trying to find a frame for my 53' Mercury/49-Linc' convertible. The floors are completly gone from this car, from one side to the other, the only pieces of a floor are in the trunk, even the seat bracing is cut up and rusty. One of my friends has got a $100 Monte Carlo I could use, but I'd feel a little bad about sawing up a 2-door, even if its G-body junk. I'd like to put this sheetmetal onto another car's chassis and floors, and just weld and glue it together so it can be drove.

-GF