Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Designing my own scratch built Rat Rod, need guidance on where to start
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 05:00 PM
User

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I can get titles for my cars, I have connections. So its really not a problem for me. Just some thoughts.

I'm trying to, or will be, buying a 70' Continental. 460, 365 "Gross" HP (About 240 net) and I've been told its got a 9-inch. The body is very...molested. And the trunk is missing (No idea why)

I'd orignally intended to build my 53' Lincholn 2-seater on it. But I think I might let the welding-class put some structure in it one day, and I'm not into rivetting wood into the body to hold together...

I have a thing for big vintage trucks though, so yesterday, we was setting the walls up on my house with our 54' Boom/Telephone-Truck, and I thought about how awesome it would be to have that cab, and fenders, on a smaller frame. I'd always wanted one without hood sides, but I figured it would be scarier with it on. Because you couldn't see what was under there. Theres room for a big-block too...

Then I thought about the Lincholn. The wheels might stick out a foot or two on either side of the hood sides, and It might be a little bit long. But everything would go together pretty good. Plus, it would be a HUGE pickup with a HUGE engine. Might be a little bit scary looking (Exposed frame, crappy paint, truck kind of looks angry anyway) but it would be awesome.

-GF