Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Designing New Garage
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 09:38 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin45
I'd go with Wolverine Coatings. As far as color, somewhere I have a bookmark with probablt 50 different colors and chip combos. When I get home from work (just getting ready to leave the house) I'll send it your way.
Thanks Kevin.

For the 660 square foot main area, I just ordered Wolverine epoxy from the AlphaGarage supplier yesterday. I ordered light gray with white, black and dark green flakes. I upgraded to their urethane clear coat instead of clear epoxy for the topcoat. I did a lot of research and it seemed they have an extremely high quality product for a reasonable price. Their epoxies are 100% solids and the urethane is 90% solids. I will have a total thickness of about 26 mils.
I have already prepped the concrete by grinding instead of using acid. I used a 7" hand grinder with a diamond cup. It took me about 15 hours over 3 days to grind the 660 sqft.

Btw, I completed the outside painting last week.
Still waiting on the cabinets. Looks like next week for sure. I will have to paint them after they get delivered. I am sure that will take me 3 or 4 days to do.