Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Designing New Garage
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 07:29 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
roger, throw those flakes away ! i used them in my build room and absolutely hate them. you drop something small you'll never find it .
Shine,

I appreciate the advice and have given this some thought.

I didn't use the flakes in the clean room, compressor and blaster rooms and those rooms are already done.
If I build a car along with any kind of work that will create dirt, dust or overspray, it will be in the 14X24 clean room. (I call it the clean room only because it will be simple to clean.)
I used a marine type of oil based paint for the walls and ceiling so this room can be washed down if necessary. For the floor, I used the single coat EpoxyGuard epoxy so it would be easy to repair or re-coat if it ever gets damaged. When I do occasionally paint a car, I will be able to cross vent it with a filter set up like a paint booth.

I am going for good looks in the large main area. I will do occasional mechanic type work in the main room but I will just have to put up with the inconvenience of finding small dropped items. If I built an engine or something like that in there, I could get one of those large vinyl mats. And, I'll keep one of those pole magnets handy.