Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Designing New Garage
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Viva la Migra!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Have you considered a retractable wall for the main bays? It would never hurt to be able to open up the floor if you needed to. I hope you are not offended , but I re-worked your plan a little bit. The dotted line between the bays represents the retractable or partitian wall. The wall between the main bays has been moved to the west 1 bay to seperate the main floor from the other rooms. I also opened up the bay doors to about 10'wide.
I know you have your design well thought out , I was just throwin out ideers. When you have your trusses built , keep overhead storage in mind as an option.I see lots of good wasted space up there all the time.
Just thought of this. Have you considered an in floor pit for easy oil changes , etc? It's not the solution to everything under the car , but may be an alternative to a lift in some situations. You could also use "cathedral" or vaulted trusses in the garage area to improve headroom for a lift.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LatestFloorPlan altered.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	26685  

Last edited by 79C10; 01-05-2008 at 11:05 PM.