Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Designing New Garage
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Roger...you may want to reconsider the size of the garage doors. 8 foot wide is not really wide enough. I have 9 footers on mine and a few times I wish they were at least 10'. I would not go with less than 9' though. My nephew was going to pull his truck in which was a dually and it was close. And figure on a 9' door, the opening is less than that by the time you get the jamb and seal trim up. We We backed his truck in but had to stop when we got to the mirrors. It would not make it. Also on a few occasions I had to back my car trailer in. It was an extra wide. I had 2" on each side of the fenders. It made it in but takes quite a bit of time trying to line everything up just right. So before you finalize your plans you may want to measure a few things that you may be putting thru the doors or anything you may be building that would come back out thru the doors. Kind of like building a boat in the basement only to find you can't get it out. LOL!!!

BTW...that garage will look super

Kevin