Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Designing New Garage
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 10:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F&J
The only thing I am concerned about is your choice of 8' wide doors. I guess it depends on the width of your cars, but I prefer a 9' minimum....but I know that might throw off the proportions of your style. I like 30's-40's style stations, and I'd be at a loss as to picking a garage door style.

Time for an update. I am finally getting going with this project. I am in the process of clearing the site and will be getting bids for the foundation and gas pump island starting next week. Got the permit from the city week before last and it was not a problem at all. I am also picking out windows and doors.
I was at a loss on the style of door for a while but have decided on these from Overhead Door. It's the Courtyard Collection door and they will be 9' wide and 8' high. They will use rails with a 20" radius that will get them up tight to the 10 foot ceiling but still be able to use standard type operators instead of the expensive side mount units.

Also, I think I have decided to go with the silver Galvalume roof. But, I will stick with the white siding and green trim.
I will use Hardieplank in 8 inch width for siding.
I already had a 400 amp main service panel put on the main house and it is set up to feed 100 amp service to the shop.

I will post pictures as things start to get moving on the project.

Last edited by roger1; 03-29-2008 at 10:16 AM.