Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Designing New Garage
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 06:13 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitz
I'll second that! Looks good Roger. So how long before it's completed?
Thanks Chet.

Since I am the prime on this, I am not really sure how long it will take to complete. Plus I am going to do some of the work myself.
I will do all the electrical, some of the plumbing, and all painting. I have a contractor lined up to do all of the framing, windows/doors & trim, bathroom shower and outside siding. I will also sub out the roof, garage doors and the rest of the concrete work. I will do most of the finish work on the inside. (I probably will have the sheet rock put on the ceiling but do the walls myself. I will also have a guy with a bazooka put the tape and first layer of mud on and then I will do the rest.)
Even though I have already said "retired" in my profile, I actually don't do so until July 31st. I don't expect to be through with all the subs until maybe the end of August. I hope to be ready for final city inspection at that time too. The deal I have with the contractor doing the framing is that he probably won't work full time on it so he doesn't get ahead of my ability to have time to do the electrical.
As far as detailing, that will be an ongoing process over the next year or so I'm sure.

Roger

Last edited by roger1; 04-19-2008 at 06:22 AM.