Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Designing New Garage
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 08:04 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyman05
well, I want to move to your neighborhood. in Palm Coast to get 4 acres it would be 16 lots, and at around $40,000 per lot... well, you get the idea.

the garage looks great. I would suggest individual dedicated exhaust fans.

it may still not be too late to do a vaulted truss to get that lil extra space if you should ever wind up with a lift.

is the front 18 by 18 for parking or porch? I have seen a few shops / barns and a raisd front porch seemed to add a bunch of character....

the other thing I have seen, in a great garage in Hastings florida (owned by the local bank president) was a glass wall separating the clean room from what I would call a entertaing / living room.

I suggest that perhaps a sliding glass door could be put in the clean room wall. you would have to protect it during certain operations, but it is just a thought.
The sliding glass door is an interesting idea. I'll have to give that some thought. The porch is the drive through area between the building and the gas pump island. It will make a good place to wash the car out of the sun. I had given a lot of thought to a lift and decided that I if I ever got one, it would be a Kwik Lift and I don't need higher than the 10' ceiling for that.
Yes, it is pretty cool that I have a 4.1 acre lot within the city limits of San Angelo. This part of town is zoned "ranch and estates" and lots are 1 acre minimum.

Here is a partial plat of my lot showing the location of my new workshop in relation to the house. The front of the house faces south. Most of the trees in the front of the house are pecans but some are oaks. The back fence splits the property in half and this plat doesn't show the whole 2 acres of the north part. The north 2 acres has been pretty much left natural. It is a corner lot so access to the rear of the property is through the gate on the west side. It looks tight to drive around the workshop through that gate but it is not. The entance to the house attached garage is on the rear side of the house (North Side).