Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Designing a Website
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Time is short, are you ready?
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Buy a copy of Microsoft's FrontPage 2003 for $88 - The Software Guy

Register your domain name at - about $8 to $9 a year, or at webhost4life (see below)

Open a hosting account with - Hosting Plans
The basic plan is $20 setup fee, $4.95/mo for 1000 MB You get alot of stuff including unlimited bandwidth, email accounts, MySql database for php message boards, etc. Look at the list in the Hosting Plans link. I have had great success with webhost4life and the uploading files is a piece of cake. They also have great technical support, including online tickets and/or an 800 #

I have also had a chance to use for hosting, and they have some great deals as well. Even more space for about the same price as WH4L. Like 5 GB for $5/mo. But all in all, I prefer WH4L because you can add many domains under the one hosting account. You set up subfolders for each domain. Godaddy does not offer this feature. So what good is 5 GB for one domain? Not really an advantage unless you have a lot of photos and/or videos to host.

FrontPage is very easy to use, no harder than using Word or Excel (IMO). Take baby steps and spend a lot of time at That is a message board where many expert web designers help from around the world. About the same caliber as is for car help.

I have a number of links for building websites here:

Once you learn the basics, you can add javascript and DHTML to the code and spice things up a bit.

Here are few I did using FP2003, but some features like the drop down menus are not standard FP.

There is really too much to try to convey in one message. If you decide to give it a try and have any more questions, please do not hesitate to PM me. I will help in any way that I can. Understand this: Once you get the hang of FP, building websites is NOT hard.

Good luck, Ed