Desoto Hemi ,please Help!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2006, 03:43 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Desoto Hemi ,please Help!!

PLEASE!!! Can someone tell me if there is a company that can build to order or has in stock or some one who has a 4 bbl. manifold for a 1952 276 DESOTO FIRE DOME-HEMI? ENGINE ID IS S16-44015. Any hemi experts out there? Can any of the early Dodge or Chrysler hemi after market 4bbl manifolds fit or be adapted/modified to fit a Desoto FIRE DOME? SO far no luck with e-bay. Egge Machine Company and Kanters has a lot of parts for the rebuild. Hemis Unlimited but I had no idea the intake manifold would be this much of a pain. I did find a new water pump for a dodge 383 that fits,lol. Well any help from any HEMI EXPERST I will appreciate. Thanks B.W.C.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2006, 04:53 AM
just passin' thru

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod
Last journal entry: Willys - Body and Paint
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Good to hear that there's another Hemi guy out there! Your best bet and first stop should be here: www.hothemiheads.com.

This is probably the best source for all Hemi parts whether it be Dodge, DeSoto, or Chrysler...Bob Walker is the owner and he will be able to answer all of your questions. The website also has a swap-meet page where you can post your needs.

I've built my Chrysler Hemi using Hot Heads parts, and have gotten some good advice from Bob during my buildup. I'm not up on the DeSoto stuff too much, but there are some very knowledgeable Hemi guys here on this site...Good luck with your Hemi!

Steve
Old 04-26-2006, 10:44 AM

http://www.classichemi.com/index1.shtml

http://www.thehemi.com/forums/

http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com/

www.arizonaparts.com

Hemis Forever!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1953-...spagenameZWDVW

^ This guy has a confusing auction going now...He shows an engine and tranny and says only the tranny, he then goes on to say that the engine is being auctioned also...I do see the manifold in question sitting high atop that hemi though....Need another Hemi?

Dont despair, I saw a couple of Desoto 4 barrel manifolds at the Portland swap meet a couple of weeks ago also so they are out there. I wish I'd a known, I woulda grabbed one for ya.

Last edited by 56Maynard; 04-26-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:59 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Finding a stock 4 bbl. manifold for a low deck DeSoto will be a near impossibility. I'm not even sure DeSoto even made them. I do know that about 10% of the production high decks (330/341/345) had a 4 bbl manifold but they won't interchange with the low deck. DeSoto even made a factory dual quad manifold in very limited quantities for the high decks in '56 and '57. However there were some aftermarket 4 bbl units made back in the 50's and early 60's for the low deck if I'm not mistaken. Bob Walker at HotHemiHeads will know for sure.

If you find one at a swap meet just make sure it's for a low deck.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 PM

Took me about 10 seconds to find one sitting on that ebay hemi....maybe the guy is reporting it as being low deck (276) when its something else?????
Old 04-27-2006, 12:54 AM

Last photo:

Thank You For The Help

THANK U ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE. THANK YOU. NOW I HAVE HOPE AGAIN LOL. I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT EELCO MIGHT BE COMING OUT WITH A LOW DECK MANIFOLD FOR THREE 2'S IN THE NEAR FUTURE. http://www.nwspeedequipment.com/index.php

THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.