Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Detune 388 Stroker
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Detune 388 Stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Wow thank you guys for all the suggestion. F-Bird I like the cam choice you suggested. Are the Summit lifters ok or should I get GM ones.

The rockers are Summit roller tip stock style with 1.6 ratio. I never got around to getting full roller rockers.

I originally had a 3,000 stall converter in it, and it launched great but my gas mileage was about 8. When I did the last rebuild, (I had one of the Edelbrock cams from China and one of the lobes went flat chewed the lifter up and flushed it through the motor) I changed to the XE268 and it ran great never had any problems with it. It just for some reason developed all these problems while sitting over the last 8 years.

I would much rather just change the cam and lifters and not pistons and rings.

And I will definately look at the timing curve. I may need some help on that though.

Bret
The summit cam 1103 will not work in your engine unless you plan on buying racing gas. The intake valve closes at 34 degrees ABDC and will raise your DCR to 9.471 which will not run on pump gas. To run pump gas you need a good DCR of 7.5-8.5.