Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Detune 388 Stroker
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Huh so the Summit cam won't work. Now its back to changing the pistons. I have looked at Summit and Jegs for pistons and they both only offer 12cc dish pistons in the Speed Pro range. Im not really wanting to spend $600 plus for pistons. Though I will if I have too. Where can I get 18cc dish pistons?

I also think my CR is a little bit higher because I had the Edelbrock heads resurfaced on the last rebuild, because they had been on 3 previous builds and my machinist recommended it.

Cdminter I bought the Comp K-kit. So I used the proper springs and lifters. I did check the install height and it was correct. I also am using .100 longer pushrods for the Edelbrocks. I remember when I put them on my stock 350 I was pissed because I didn't know about the pushrods and had to wait 5 days for them to come in the mail. And then 388 was run periodically during the 8 years just not everyday.

This engine ran perfect when I first installed it back in April of 2004. I did a full rebuild because I got promoted at work and was going to be driving more. But I went and bought an 02 Camaro SS in Nov of 2004, so the Caprice sat in the garage ever since. Its just frustrating that it has got to the point that I can't drive it anymore.

I also have a 64' Chevy stepside that I recently inherited. It sat for 10 years and with new gas, ignition and battery I got it running great. It has a stock 350 with a small RV cam in it. I am just enjoying the stock engine its much easier to tune. That's why I want to detune this engine as well. I guess my Hot Rod blood has thinned a little as I have gotten older.

Bret