Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Detune 388 Stroker
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yeah I can see how you are confused. It did sit for the last 8 years except for the month of January in 2010 when I drove it to work due to my Camaro being down. When I stopped driving it that month it started running really bad and I parked it.

I have tried for the last 2 years on and off to find the problem. I started by changing out the original HEI dist(which was worse for wear) with the Procomp and that didn't fix anything. Next I readjusted the valves and that didn't change anything so I thought maybe the gas had gone bad.

I put off dropping the tank for the last year and I finally did it a couple of weeks ago and didn't realize how easy it was. So I started it up again hoping it would run better with new gas but it still has the same problem. Alot of detonation when I try to drive it. So I messed with the timing from 8* to 18* and no luck.

So I thought I would just detune it to more of a stock motor. So thats when I posted on here looking for a more tame or stock cam that would work with my existing parts and changing the pistons to lower compression. (even though I know this engine is a mild combo).

I do have a set of 882 heads I could put on and just change the cam, but I really like the Edelbrocks.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bret