Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Detune 388 Stroker
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Bogie I do have the matched springs. The Roller stamped rockers were just a quick fix until I could buy full roller rockers but I never got around to it. They are 1.6 ratio though I think this also might have been a bad choice.
How much money are you working with on this project. I am thinking you could get a cheap long block from the junk yard and stick your intake and carb on it and be driving in a days work. Might as well get a th700r4 while your at it. I got a feeling that combo would make you very happy for the least amount of cash. Then you can put the big motor aside until you got the cash to do it up right. Also 700 has little more punch down low and a lot better gas milage. That part will atleast pay for it self.

I have learned from many builds not to worry about a motor if your goal is a car. If your racing then its all about the motor but if its just to get to work. Some of the badest rides out there have stock motors or just good exhuast and intake. The value and the chance you will be able to hang on to it will go up a lot if its running. when you got to move in a hurry the yard art get sacrificed first. I let one of my fav cars go for this reason. Didnt think i was moving but my job changed and in two weeks i was gone car was tow to the junk yard... I wont say what type of car dont want to get yeld at for junking a classic. It wasnt that classic back then lol.

Hope it all works out for you.