Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Detune 388 Stroker
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Hcompton that is not a bad idea. I really like the 700r4 idea. I will have to do some leg work. I don't really now any good junkyards in my area

Bret
Now that is an important part because junk yards vary alot. Some are super cheap other price them self put of your buisness. Best to shop around and wait for the good deal also check craiglist. You cant imagine the ppl hoarding corvette drive trains in there garage. Tpi engine use gen one intakes bolt pattern if they have corvette alum heads.

Fyi go into the junk yard in your poor close and ask for a good engine at a good deal. Nothing will get you a good deal like face to face hello. If you call you may end up wasting your time. They wont always search the computer(other junk yards) for telephone orders. And not something easy toget over the net it adds to the cost.

Some junk yards install and warranty there engines. It is december. also getting a turn key price gives you some more time to negoitate a good deal. Sometime dropping the warranty is best as they can give you a price easier especaiilly if they are not the ones with the part and need to order it from another junk yard. No body wants warranty problems with someone elses stuff. Kind of a funny bizz but one that is full of deals. Cause the junk yard will get the engine for a few hundred bucks max any engine! Some of them alot cheaper. Bizz model based on rebuilder price any else is gravy.