Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Detune 388 Stroker
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Thanks guys for the concern. I realize all the bearings are toast. Had to get this car running so I could move it. The C/R is too high was going to change pistons anyway. I needed to move the car out to my new garage to pull the motor. We might be possibly selling our house soon and this car hasn't left the drive way in 3 years. I realize the cam will be ruined as well but it was going to cost me close to a hundred to tow it and now I will be able to move it around until I have time to tear it down.

The cam bearings actually looked good I was very surprised. I don't even no how it ran with 3 complete dead cylinders and several others only getting the valves open half way!

Bret
Hey, I did say "mechanical noise" on page one lol.
As for a rebuild, right in march of last summer a buddy's 383 ate a big lunati cam like a week after it was broken in (yes incorrectly). He thru an old cam and lifters of unknown specs that I had kicking around from 100 years ago that had been hanging on my garage wall as art lol. Lifters miss matched and dusty and shtty in a Kleenex box. Did another "break in" just cause, and ran like 40 litres of bulk oil from our shop through it. Drove it all summer, put a ton of mileage on it and went 12.20's in a fully loaded G-body 84 Monte. Once in awhile you just get lucky.....