Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - devilbis brand at box store
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Crazy Ole Ironhead

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Good idea - just make sure that the tank is rated and stamped as a pressure vessel meeting National Board/ASME standards. If these things blow, they tend to do a lot of damage to property and equipment - including the human body

Dave

I work on alot of vessels(tanks) in my line of work,repairing,installing,modifications..etc. at paper plants,auto plants,power plants and etc.You would be surprised at how many brand new tanks are scrapped because the fabricator built or designed them wrong and don't fit or is the wrong type of vessel built,alot of times they just send the right one out to the site immediatly so they can get things running again ASAP and the customer keeps or scraps the wrong one because of the cost of shipping it back over rides the cost of the tank and rendered useless to them anyhow because it has already been modified for a specific purpose and could never modify it properly for another purpose and still stand behind it as being brand new.
Any of the stainless tanks i would be able to get my hands on would be a minimum of 1/8th of an inch thick and up to 3/8's of an inch thick.
Nothing like the paper thin tanks of today's compressor tanks made of cheap mild steel,
It would be used in a shop outside in its own weather proof shelter,no where near the home.
John