Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - devilbis brand at box store
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Crazy Ole Ironhead

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thank you VERY much for the concern..TRUELY appreciated .

Just to clarify..any of the tanks i would use are designed to hold MUCH more than 120-175 PSI,the 2 availabilities i have is from nuclear power plants and Paper Plants,the tanks from the nuke plants are used as Residual Heat Reducers right before the hot water/pressure is exposed to air in the turbines,these tanks take more PSI abuse than any compressor out there ever would.
The other i am considering is a resevour(spell check) for steam under pressure used to run the paper machines.
Im hoping to get the one from the nuke plant because anything that comes in the gate to a nuke plant is traced from the day the material was mined,to the steel mill and to the plant for quality insurance,cant get any better material.
This is why government and nuclear plants pay so much for everything,the suppliers have to pay for the tracable stamp on materials and pay an outragious insurance premium to cover any faults or damages in cause of the product,just an example..if a tank they fabricated and supplied happen to fail during a runnin period of the reactor,they have to be liable for any damages it caused..plus 1.2 million bucks a day loss that the plants produce..( i need to get into THAT type of insurance biz).
So long story short,yes anything i use will be MORE than fit for the job and overly safe..thanks Ireland........John

PS..im glad you clarified that in here because alot of people MAY think just using any steel tank is ok to use..which is FAR from the truth.