Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dewalt Dry cut metal chop saw review (hint: you'll kick yourself)
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

DeWalt chop saw/ metal cutting saws do not get great reviews.. Seems as the Evolution Rage saws are what gets the great reviews.. I did lots of shopping before I bought my Ridgid 4141 abrasive cutoff saw.. The base model Evolution Rage dry cut saw is just over $200, and I came very close to getting it, but figured I would get a really nice abrasive saw rather than a base model dry cut... The Ridgid 4141 abrasive cutoff, fits what I need perfectly, and with an 1/8" DeWalt ( Think Norton makes them ) blade, it makes near perfect cuts, and the miter marks on the fence are near perfect when lined up with a quick square, which I verified accurate with a protractor.

I steered well away from the DeWalt for the chinceyness that Lowroller described.. Only downside to Ridgid is they do not make a dry cut saw.. The same parent company that makes Ridgig, makes a lot of Craftsmen power tools. chop saws included