Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dewalt Dry cut metal chop saw review (hint: you'll kick yourself)
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

lowroller,

Sorry to hear you don't like it-I have one, and my expectations must be set awfully low-once, through my own negligence, I have had the material I was cutting get loose (it can throw metal well!) , but other than that, I have been really happy-

My cuts only requre grinding a small "tab" that is left (w/a 3" roloc-50 grit), and, as far as I can tell the cuts have been straight-is the base stamped? Yes, it is-I would have liked it to be cast, but it's not a cold saw with a cold saw price.

I have found a guy who can sharpen my old Blades for $35, and they have worked fine. I get about 4-500 cuts per sharpening. I use the clamp if I can, and make sure the Blade is straight to the cut, same as I do with my Table Saw. Airgas sells a new 14" Blade for $109-

Would I buy it again? Probably-it does have it's down sides, but I like the clean cuts and no sparks. To each his own-

I bought mine when it was the only game in town-now Milwaukee has one, and if I were buying today I would look closely at it, as I am a Milwaukee guy-