Hot Rod Forum banner

Die Grinder

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  OHD 
#1 ·
Hello all. I'm thinking of doing some port-matching on a set of AFR 210 cylinder heads for my SBC, more or less for the intake than the cylinder head ports. I'm more or less just curious as to what brand/model electric (I do not have an air compressor for pneumatics, yet) die grinder will withstand (in your experience) continuous use while I work on the ports of my cylinder heads and intake. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
I've had a Makita for several years now use it for everything. Cutting off bolts, grinding, or with carbide burrs. Works very well. Just can't get the idea of running a compressor up to pressure just to do a small job. Not too effecent running one tool to run another! Just as soon plug it in and go. I can see the large shops using air tools as they use air all day long. Tom F.

#4 ·
richard stewart 3rd said:
Hi,
This is what I use, I like it, I was in there store & it was on sale, the only thing I've replaced so far was the inner flex shaft & I've used it quite a bit.
Rich

PS I had to right click on the link & click open link in new tab & then click on the tab
for it to work?

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/...1&itemID=16443&keyword=12793&cm_mmc=undefined
Thanks for the reply. Which part number did you get, #12864 (the kit)? That looks nice, and looks just about what I would need to do, as long as the speed is variable.

#5 ·
jaguarxk120 said:
I've had a Makita for several years now use it for everything. Cutting off bolts, grinding, or with carbide burrs. Works very well. Just can't get the idea of running a compressor up to pressure just to do a small job. Not too effecent running one tool to run another! Just as soon plug it in and go. I can see the large shops using air tools as they use air all day long. Tom F.
Yea, plus the added expense of a compressor just isn't justified right now. Once I get into suspension work though it will be. Thanks, will look into it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.