Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Diesel or Gas trucks? Gas prices
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentwings
Well I guess if you look at those parts in terms of hot rod parts I'd say they are in line. 7.3 is yesterdays' diesel. Look at a 6.0 sometime.

I don't understand why you asked the question in the first place as it seems you had already made up your mind, but I guess that's why we subscribe to these forums!!

I did look at the 6.0 - and for the most part they are big problem engines. Take some time on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum then if you see one you like, make sure you have an OASIS report pulled on it before you buy. I found three beauties physically plus several others before I settled on the V10. This is a list of the problems that I saw just on these few that I looked at. Heads, gaskets, head bolts, turbos, down tubes, torque converters, transmissions, many, many fuel injectors just to name the major problems that I saw on these reports. There has to be a reason for the 100K warranty on the '04 -07 6.0 then 200K on the '08 6.4. So far the the '08 6.4 has been pretty good based on a discussion I had at my dealer yesterday. But - not for my kind of driving