Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Diesel or Gas trucks? Gas prices
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Race The Truck

Last journal entry: Son's Truck
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
I don't understand why you asked the question in the first place as it seems you had already made up your mind, but I guess that's why we subscribe to these forums!!

I did look at the 6.0 - and for the most part they are big problem engines. Take some time on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum then if you see one you like, make sure you have an OASIS report pulled on it before you buy. I found three beauties physically plus several others before I settled on the V10. This is a list of the problems that I saw just on these few that I looked at. Heads, gaskets, head bolts, turbos, down tubes, torque converters, transmissions, many, many fuel injectors just to name the major problems that I saw on these reports. There has to be a reason for the 100K warranty on the '04 -07 6.0 then 200K on the '08 6.4. So far the the '08 6.4 has been pretty good based on a discussion I had at my dealer yesterday. But - not for my kind of driving
Well a few other Eye and the hands on from other people that have them makes a big diffrence. The fact that I'm buying used not new is a factor too. So I have to look at the pros and con based on what I'm hearing and what I have learned. Last diesel I touched was a 84 6.2 so I need to learn. The reason I'm leaning to the diesel is I think fuel price will keep going up and the big blocks will be a thing of the past. I think you going to see v6's small blocks v8's and the diesels. That why I think everyone it dumping there big blocks.
So I'm planing on keep a truck long term I seem to change every five year or so.
Anyone else think Gas is the way to go?

Craig