Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - difference/pros/cons of spool and mini spool?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Ground Clearance Is Over-Rated

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Being a member of the offroad community too allows me to look at this question a little different. If you plan on doing a mini spool, forget that, weld it up. If you want a full spool, forget that, weld it up. People can say that they will break, that they will cause damage, but I can attest to the fact that they don't. I have run a welded rear and a welded front and never had a problem. If you want a lunchbox style locker, look into an Aussie. See them here: www.offroadlockers.com . I am not sure what axle you are running, but they have them for most any application. I wouldnt waste my time or money on a full Detroit, way too much, and they break if you break an inner. The Aussie is by far the best lunchbox style, meaning that it replaces the spider gears in the carrier with the locking mechanism. See install here: http://gearinstalls.com/bill.htm . I have two of them for my Toyota once I get the time/effort/motivation. That's about all I can think of. Good luck with your choice.

Sam