Differences between Tacsew and Juki - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2012, 11:28 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Differences between Tacsew and Juki

Hi All,

Great forum you have going here. I've learned a lot about painting from browsing this forum, but now I'm interested in getting into sewing. I've done tons and tons of research on the recommended industrial sewing machines. It looks like the Tacsew T111-155 is the one in my budget, and everyone says it's a fine machine. But two questions:

1) I've seen that the Tacsew is a copy of both the Consew 206 and 226. I'm guessing it's a typo and it seems like it's really a copy of the 206. Is this right?

2) What are the features on a Juki 1541 that make it so much more expensive than the Tacsew? They're both compound feed, walking foot-type, which I understand is a must, but what other must have features would I be sacrificing?

3) Also What features woudl I sacrifice if I passed up on a 226 for a Tacsew.

Thanks!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

A Tacsew 111W155 is a copy of the Consew 206, not a copy of the Consew 226.

The basic difference between the Tacsew or the Consew 206 and the Juki 1541 or Consew 226, is that the Tacsew and 206 have a horizontal hook assembly that loads bobbin thread from the left side of the needle. The bobbin case comes completely out of the machine to change bobbins. The Juki and 226 have vertical hook assemblies that load bobbins from the right side of the needle. The bobbin case is held in place and doesn't come out when changing bobbins. It's not a big deal, it's just different. The rest of the features are basically the same. They are all single needle, lockstitch, compound feed, walking foot, industrial sewing machines. If one had reverse over the others, you'd want the one with reverse. The Juki is self oiling from a reservoir, and the rest must be oiled by hand.

Juki is a very high quality machine, which is far better quality than the Tacsew. The Consew 226 is not as good as the Juki, but is also more high quality than the Tacsew. It has basically been replaced by the Consew 255RB-3. The Consew 206 used to be a really good machine, but for about 5 or 6 years has been made in China instead of Japan, and is not nearly as good as it once was.

What's the difference? Juki is an Oldsmobile, Consew is a Chevy, and the others are Yugos. If you made your living with a sewing machine, you'd want the Juki first, the Consew 226 second, and you'd pass on the other two, unless the 206 was an older version. If you're not going to sew with it every day, any of those machines would work fine to do a few interior jobs.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:51 PM

Thanks much, Dan. This will be purely for hobby purposes, and potential side jobes if I ever get good at it. I just didn't want to pass up on any killer features available on the juki. One last thing. This Tacsew will use the same spare parts as the 206, I understand. Are spare parts readily available?

Love this Website!!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

As far as I know, all the Tacsew parts are the same as the Singer 111W, and those are very readily available.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:11 PM

Thanks Dan.

Expect a bunch more dumb questions once I get started with this!

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.