Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Different approachs to reduce bumpsteer
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 04:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kso View Post
I'm not quite the old car guy that could give specific advise as in that really-great article you linked, but I can offer a little info about bump steer that applies generally...you could take the plan laid out then see how it compares to what you're doing...........
That simple (I hope you read it slow)...if you imagine or actually draw along those points, that would give you steering relatively free of bump steer (without considering other intricacies which aren't that important). Now if you take those point and apply them to the setup you already have, and see the differences...you can make a plan for what can be changed and then just do your best. Again, the very most important thing is to have that tie-rod angle match the line between your lower a-arm ball joint and inner bushings, as seen from the front, at ride-height. It's amazing how far off people can get on that.
I thought I was the only one that actually draws lines on the floor, using plumb bob, and square.
What you posted is pretty much how I do it.
A most excellent explanation without makin' it too long.
The Following User Says Thank You to st3gamefarm For This Useful Post:
kso (05-16-2013)