Hot Rod Forum banner

Different type of roller...

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  NEW INTERIORS 
#1 ·
Anyone know what is called or where one could get plans for it? Even though I can log on to Youtube, it won't let me post a question...

Russ

#3 ·
The Utube roller only gives you a radius to match the roller and doesn't allow you to roll a cone or the top panel of a model T Ford hood. I'll try to link you to a better design. It has power to all 3 rollers so you won't get lines if the metal slips
Home made sheet metal roller - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Thanks Tim. I had a chance to buy an old 48" x 14ga roller like that for a grand and a 700 mile round trip, just no place to put it! I may still look for one or try and build one if I can figure a spot for it. As of now, I'm having to farm out my tin work to a guy 1500 miles away because all the shops here either can't do it or are too busy.

Russ

#4 ·
My scrap pile

The scrap iron scroungers keep offering to clean up our obsolete old farm machinery . I say NO WAy that's my steel supply. I have solid steel rollers from the old spare parts of my brother's newspaper printing press he sold. just too many other projects first. I am converting a staple machine that was used to make 50 lb cartons for potatoes to a half size pullmax machine.

#12 ·
Thanks...I will say this... I always wanted one,, But never knew just how much it would be used,, I bet I roll something everyday.. This is one handy tool to own.. It's not real hard to build once you have all the stuff.. I did have to do some machine work on some of the parts,,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.