Digital Gauges??? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2009, 05:21 PM
V8 Beetle & Hovercrafts

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Digital Gauges???

Hello everyone I’m just thinking WAY ahead on our V8 beetle project and had some questions…….

We want to make a more “modern” interior in the beetle, completely custum and it will probably be black, silver and carbon fiber too.

Well anyways I was thinking that digital gauges would look cool in there and the other day I was flipping through the summit catalog and seen the Nordskog digital gauges and they caught my eye…. I really like the looks of them, I’d probably do the separate tach, speedo, and separate gauges too and make a custom dash panel myself (probably carbon fiber)

Does anyone have any experience with the Nordskog digital gauges??? Our car will just be a toy, but I’d hate to spend all that money on the gauges and have them be horribly inaccurate or very sluggish???

I’ve also looked at Dakota digital’s gauges but I don’t really like the looks of them as much???? And they seem to be a bit more pricey.

I haven’t really seen any other digital gauges out there, but am still open to other options.

I’ve also been wondering if there are any multi gauges out there, I haven’t seen any??? Maybe something small with 1 display where you could scroll through several readings??? Something I could have reading oil temp, trans temp, fuel pressure, etc, etc…. That way I could keep with 5 or 6 main gauges, but be able to have all the info there without cluttering the dash with a ton of gauges???

Thanks for the help and ideas guys!!!

Talk to you all later

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 AM

Last journal entry: 50 Ply wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

For ease of connecting, digital gauges are the way to go. You only have to route a wire from the sending unit to the gauge. I have a buddy that has Dakota digital in his car and I helped him tune it. The tach was fluctuating all over the place. Same with the temperature and oil pressure going up and down. I'm not saying don't use them, but you are relying on a electrical impulse to tell you what the motor is doing. I guess I'm just old school and like the mechanical ones that tell you exactly what everything is doing. Just my .02
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.