Originally Posted by CrashFarmer2
My 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII has extremely dim head lights. On low beam it is like you have two candles lighting your way. The high beams seem to be about what the low beams should be.
I bought a high intensity blue ice bulb yesterday and stuck it in last night and it didn't seem to change the light output at all.
I just bought this car Saturday and so far I love it except it is not real safe after dark.
if everthing is stock, you most likely have a bad ground. it is real easy to check. Turn on the lights, ground 1 probe of your multimeter to teh negative battery terminal and the other probe to the low or high beam feed at the light. If it looks good (over 13v or so with car running) remove teh lead from th battery and connect it to the ground pin on the lamp or the radiator support and see what the reading is there, if it is bad then you definatly have a ground issue. If the first test yeilds poor readings themn your feed somewhere is no good.
90% or the time this is due to a car being hit and a poor job of putting everything back together. grounds omited or connected to plastic, I have seen just about everything
should be an easy fix