Hot Rod Forum banner

Dipstick :)

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jake_Dragon 
#1 ·
I have a SBC 350 in my Fiero, with the stock dipstick I have a hard time checking the oil. Is there a way to move the dipstick to the other side of the block?
Could I drill and weld in a tube in the side of the pan and just use a stock dipstick?
I have looked at some flexible dipsticks but I don't trust them.

#2 ·
have you looked at LOKAR?? They can be trusted completely. An oil pan from a 60's (not sure exactly what years )chevyII with a SBC had the dip stick in the pan. It's a front sump though and the dip stick hole is located toward the front. And if you decided to do the drill and weld you could probably use the tube from the chevy II that I mentioned. Might have to tweak it but it sounds like you're not opposed to tweaking............especially with that car and engine combo. HEY MAZDA I GOT YOUR ZOOM ZOOM RIGHT OVER HERE!!!! :thumbup: Brian

#4 ·
Thanks guys.
I may pick up a flexible dipstick for now.

The end of this project I want the V8 to look like it was meant to be in there.
One thing at a time and the dipstick just bugs me where its at. I want to put a different pan on the car, the one on it is ok but it has a couple of dents and that bugs me too :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.