Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Disc brake conversation 9" Ford
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 12:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Disc brake Cadillac rear calipers

I recently put disc brakes on the rear of my truck. I'm now running 4 wheel disc. The fronts work fine. The rears appear to be not working well. I'm using 78 Cadillac Seville calipers with the ebrake. I'm running a 69 GM corvette MC for disc/ disc applications. The MC is mounted on the firewall above the calipers and I have a separate line from the MC to the rear calipers with a Wilwood Proportioning valve in the line between the rear brakes and MC. The ebrakes works fine when applied, but I've noticed that the rear rotor isn't showing wear with normal driving or barely stopping the wheel when the brakes are applied? I've bled the system several times and the pads are adjusted correctly to the rotors. I also have the proportioning valve adjusted to wide open with no restriction. I'm wondering if I should remove the proportioning valve all together and see if that helps with the rear calipers working better. Any suggestions on what to look at?

Last edited by kleen56; 04-07-2012 at 12:47 PM.