Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Suspension - Brakes - Steering (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/suspension-brakes-steering/)
-   -   disc brake conversion (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/disc-brake-conversion-79973.html)

jum 01-27-2006 04:09 PM

disc brake conversion
 
I have a 65 nova and would like to put disc brakes on the front. If I have the upper boss on my spindle machined down can I use the conversion kit on hotrodsusa.com? (In the garage sale section ot is part # HBK2416401BM )Thank You in advance for your help, Jum

poncho62 01-27-2006 04:15 PM

How about these from Scarebird......1964-67 Chevy II, Nova 5 lug $85

http://www.scarebird.com/6928.html

67 Deuce 4 Me 01-27-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poncho62
How about these from Scarebird......1964-67 Chevy II, Nova 5 lug $85

http://www.scarebird.com/6928.html


Poncho,
Did you get your brackets yet? And did you like them?

jum 01-27-2006 04:57 PM

disc conversion
 
No, i want to buy the complete kit like the one at hotrodsusa.com. I just need to know if i get my spindles machined will that kit work? I researched the kits and this is the best money to spend. Thanks, Jum

poncho62 01-27-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 Deuce 4 Me
Poncho,
Did you get your brackets yet? And did you like them?


Got them the other day....Look like they are good quality. Looks like a hi grade steel. It will be a while before I install them though. Just found out the other day that my job is kaputt in 8 weeks.......... :confused: . Have to watch the coin until I can line something up.

67 Deuce 4 Me 01-28-2006 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poncho62
Got them the other day....Look like they are good quality. Looks like a hi grade steel. It will be a while before I install them though. Just found out the other day that my job is kaputt in 8 weeks.......... :confused: . Have to watch the coin until I can line something up.



I can certainly relate to the low on "coin" thing! I build my car in one part at a time. Good Luck!

jimfulco 01-30-2006 01:13 AM

National Nostalgic Nova Club offers machined spindles on an exchange basis, in other words you can send your old spindles back to them for a core charge refund. Might save you some down-time.

www.nnnova.com


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.