Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Discussion on Fabbing a fixed window in an A
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,073 Times in 957 Posts
Ok, I have an idea. You set the window in urethane against a piece you weld all the way around the opening. You then dice up the original frame so that it will fit in the gap between the outer edge of the window and the pillars, cowl and header. You with me? You make the moulding "T" shaped so that you have the top of the T as the chrome you see on the outside but instead of a channel that originally held the glass you have just a little left of it , how much doesn't even matter, it could could be completely gone really, but leaving a little for strength I am thinking. At the bottom of the window frame you put a little "hook" made out of rod that goes down. You put a little piece of tubing in the bottom of the window channel right under where it will be urethaned in. You set the frame onto the car with those "hooks" going into this little piece of tubing (rubber lined) and then lean the frame back into place. The bottom is secured and then you put screws thru the upper area (as I remember the hinge hangs out above the frame) into the header up under the visor and you have a stock looking window that is urethaned in.

Brian