Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Discussion on Fabbing a fixed window in an A
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Automotive Extraordinaire

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It looks like Martin strikes again with a really great solution, but while reading all of this I had a thought. Now mind you I said it was a thought as I have never done what you are trying to accomplish on this car, but......

Would it make anything any easier if you went to a junk yard and cut the pinch weld out of a newer model (S-10 for example) and welded it to your car to mount the windshield? Not sure if I can explain what I am getting at but I'll try. Instead of trying to figure and fab something completely from scratch, if you cut the windshield mounting area out of a newer model car or truck (basically just cut across the top of the dash as low as possible, both a pillars, and the front of the top, so you get the whole windshield mounting pinch weld and metal around the pinch weld to cut and weld to your car). I was just thinking this would take care of a lot of figuring because you could simply weld the metal to your car and it would have the right mounting depth and width on the pinch weld. I may be completely of base here and I hope I explained my thought well enough for it to make sense. Like I said its just a thought.......