Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Discussion on Fabbing a fixed window in an A
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Automotive Extraordinaire

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I agree, but instead of telling him that at first and look like a negative Nellie I figured I would help him do what he wanted. But yes, personally, that is one the of cool things about these old cars, the parts that AREN'T like new cars. I personally WANT my old car to be an OLD car when I drive it. I can drive the wife's mini van anytime I want if I want all the comforts of a late model.

Brian

I agree with both of you to a point but each to his own. While I do like the original look and feel, I love the challenge of customizing things. Just to make it different or more practical. I remember one of the first things I customized (16 years ago with the help of my dad) was the bumpers on a 72 Ford F100, I placed the bolts in the bumper, welded them to the bumper from the back side and then ground of the heads, welded the outside and ground everything smooth. Painted one set and had one set chromed. It was not a drastic change, but it was enough to make people stop and look at it for a few minutes trying to figure out why it looked different that the others. I will try to get some pictures of the bumpers they look good smooth. Thar's why I like the idea that Martin had of using the factory frame for trim. The car would still have an original look but would also accomplish the owner's end result. But this is all just my opinion