Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dished pistons and quench
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 11:00 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I am kind of without a good quench on this one the pistons are full dish and they sit below the deck at .039 at the highest point. The 350 is just going to be kind of a test fit to make sure everything works right before the little more serious 406 goes in. The 350 was always intened for a test engine I was trying to build the best performing 350 for the littlest cost but in reality I think we cut to many corners on it for cost sake but its nearly together now so we will see what happens. The engine specs : engine was previously bored to 4.04 its a 010 block 2 bolt main, I bought it for $70 because it threw the damper. We tore it down checked the clearances and felt it was close enough to just hand hone it and put new rings on the zollinger pistons, I had a factory crank polished (a different one) and installed it with a high volume oil pump. The main bolts were replaced with arp bolts. True roller timing chain a used 270 magnum cam with crane antipump lifters, a pair of junkyard vortec heads which I ported the exhaust side ground in the valves shaved .010 off the retainers and replaced the springs with stiffer ones. Picked up the summit stage 3 intake and have a 3310 holley or a 600 elderbrock(thinking about trading for a 750 though) we will see what happens in a few weeks