Disposable Liners for Spray Guns - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2006, 08:22 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Disposable Liners for Spray Guns

I heard about some disposable liners to put in spray guns. I just bought a Devil GFG670 Plus gun and was thinking about trying these with it.

What I need to do is spray the undercarraige of my vehicle and I do not have a rotissoire. To this point I have been using my cheap Harbor Frieght remote gun (ie pressure pot) to spray all the primer. This HF gun works good for primer but I'm nervous to use it to spray the color. I heard about these disposible liners allowing you to tip a regular gravity feed gun to spray directly above. Is this true? Anyone have experience with doing this? Are these liners generic or do I have to purchase one specifically to fit my D?

Thanks,
kevin

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Dazed and Confused

Last journal entry: Trunk Part 21
Last photo:

Starquest -

I bought these and am using them on my harbor frieght HVLP (the famous purple gun). I shot SPI epoxy primer and they work very well. You get a bunch of adapters to fit the cup, just need to make sure you put the right one in.

http://search.cartserver.com/search/...ds=DEVOMX70K48
Old 07-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last journal entry: Strangest job I've ever done
Last photo:

Thats the bag kit for DeVil. but that "list" price is crap. You should be able to pick up that kit at ANY supplier that sells DeVilbliss for close to what their "regular" price is.
Trick is to squeeze ALL the AIR out of the bag with the GUN TURNED UPSIDEDOWN while pulling the trigger.
The black adapters fit a bunch of different cups and I use them a lot myself. Some don't care for them but I find them VERY convienient from a clean up stand point,So "if" your using a LARGE cup,it can be a problem as they are just quart size bags. Not too practical for a complete paint or clear job.
I know a way but that's my secret tip of the day someday.
(they make gallon Ziploc bags ya know)
If your using a standard qt. mixing cup and go with a 1:1 mix at 4 parts,it will fill it up to the top and care is needed to close it up with the qt one's.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.