dna paints{what a waste of money} - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 08:34 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

why not just delete this thread, if some1 was slandering some1 else, then they DO deserve the right to defend themselves (basic human rights), surely ALL of rolands 1st post couldnt be all links to his website and all promotion stuff for his business,

why should some1 be able to defame a character and product but the character and product cant defend that defamation, defamation of character is a pretty bad thing if it goes to court and it holds up pretty good too, and any 1 that assists in it can also be charged, so that basically means willym AND the moderators of this forum can be held liable (for allowing this thread to stay open and NOT letting the character at which the defamation was against to defend himself and his products, therefore the products in mention only get a bad reputation for the readers of this thread), so the best thing to do would be to delete the whole thread and both parties get a slap on the wrist so it not happen again, as roland said, he apolagised for breaking the rules, but aybe there should also be a rule that stops defamation, that way the threads can be deleted and the forum cant be held liable in the future.

just my views anyways, but i think it makes sense and most will agree.

krem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
OK, that's enough. If you READ THE RULES you will understand why your post was edited.

This will serve as your one and only warning on this subject. Follow the rules or I will suspend your posting privileges. I don't wish to do this but trust me I will not hesitate to do so if you continue to argue about this.

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2008, 09:41 PM

Last photo:

did I join here at a bad time

jk____
Old 04-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremsrx7
but aybe there should also be a rule that stops defamation, that way the threads can be deleted and the forum cant be held liable in the future.

krem
Here in the United States, defamation and slander need to be proven in court. Roland posting here on the board, that he is being defamed and slandered by willym means as much as WillyM posting a statement saying he got screwed by Roland.

Neither of them has any reputation here, as far as I can tell.

This thread should get dumped, as it serves no purpose, and is just a waste of server space.

Had willym stuck around for a couple of dozen more posts, he could have written a company review in the company reviews section.

But he did not, as he was only using this forum as a revenge action. He may or may not have been justified in his post.

Roland should stick around, his knowledge of paint could be a help. If all he wants to do is advertise, then he can hit the road too.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 04-08-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by julioDBS
did I join here at a bad time

jk____
Hahahaha
No you did not join at a bad time, but you should read the rules for posting in a timely fashion...

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremsrx7
why not just delete this thread, if some1 was slandering some1 else, then they DO deserve the right to defend themselves (basic human rights), surely ALL of rolands 1st post couldnt be all links to his website and all promotion stuff for his business,

why should some1 be able to defame a character and product but the character and product cant defend that defamation, defamation of character is a pretty bad thing if it goes to court and it holds up pretty good too, and any 1 that assists in it can also be charged, so that basically means willym AND the moderators of this forum can be held liable (for allowing this thread to stay open and NOT letting the character at which the defamation was against to defend himself and his products, therefore the products in mention only get a bad reputation for the readers of this thread), so the best thing to do would be to delete the whole thread and both parties get a slap on the wrist so it not happen again, as roland said, he apolagised for breaking the rules, but aybe there should also be a rule that stops defamation, that way the threads can be deleted and the forum cant be held liable in the future.

just my views anyways, but i think it makes sense and most will agree.

krem
Something you and some others need to understand is that the definition of free speech in the US is quite a bit different than in Australia. If someone doesn't like a service or product and decides to tell everyone.... that's an opinion, not defamation. That's all it is... no more no less.

The fact that a manufacturer may take issue with that person's opinion is neither here nor there especially if the rules of the forum forbid manufacturers from posting contact info, or promoting their business.

We have other paint manufacturers who post here regularly and they abide by the rules, even when someone doesn't like their product. In most cases these manufacturers are interested in why this person had a problem and want to use the information to help the individual to use the product properly or to possibly improve their product based on the problem an individual is actually having. Becoming defensive and posting a "rebuttal" that is nothing more than an advertisement is not the way to make friends and influence people on this board.

The FACT of the matter is that we have RULES here. Those rules WILL be followed or those who don't will have their posting privileges suspended, period.... end of story. If someone doesn't like the rules, they are free to leave at any time.

I'm going to watch this closely and any more bickering in this thread and it will quickly make a one way trip to the dump.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:49 PM

OK Thats Enough!

You are abusing your 'power' to rub out views you do not agree with. Thats pathetic and weak!

What are you scared of?

I have allready apologised for this indiscretion. In my defence, they were 'committed' innocently and without the knowledge of the rules. Had your moderator been upset, they could have, a, edited out the alleged commercial plug, or at least written to advise me, you did neither!

But lets look at how I do post, it's under my own name, not anonymously or under a mda up name with a hotmail address. I suppose that shows I am not very forum savvy...but it also shows a degree of ignorance and innocence!

But that does not in any way excuse your bullying or threatening behaviour, any reasonable person would not like what you are threatening to do.

You have allowed the defamatory posting, without any censorship and are now defending it's contents with the lame duck excuse that you ar not to know if it is or is not true and correct, and then, when I try to set the record straight, you have the temerity to have a go at me!

Now you publicly post my 'one and only' warning or else!!

Wow arent you the tough guy!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 11:12 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Mr. Geitenbeek..... It is not my job to trade verbal barbs with you. It is very apparant based on your posts to date that your attitude is incompatible with HotRodders.com. We explain why your posts were edited, and you whine... but still repeatedly post business contact information. We explain that you need to read and abide by the rules just as all the other business owners, yet you continue your whining. The moderators do their job, and you whine even more.

Well sir, your whining has bought you a two week suspension. During that time the moderators and the site administrator will discuss this situation and decide if your temporary suspension will become permanent.

This thread is now locked.
Closed Thread

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.