dna paints{what a waste of money} - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 01:27 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

dna paints{what a waste of money}

guys be aware about this so called new paint called dna,it is rubbish and does not stack up,it comes from ptw in scorsby victoria and trust me when i say the **** is rubbish and ptw{Roland} is a rogue and wont answer any of my calls.I do custom paint work and have used h o c and alsa for years with nothing but good results,then this rep from ptw talked me in to giving dna a go claiming it was much easier and better than alsa,s paints so i ordered in a few lines of dna and had nothing work the way they claimed.After getting on the phone and talking to some fool called Roland,who was such a smart *** i wanted to slam him there and then he refused to refund me the $1100.00 i had spent and hung the phone up,so be warned that none of the dna paint is any good and i am scarred to even look at their chrome paints and system as they to wont work according to the boys around here who have also lost out DNA is out for me and my part of the world give me H O C or ALSA any day

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,083 Times in 966 Posts
You know what I always wonder when I hear about someone who has had a bad experiance with a paint brand and knocks the WHOLE company and everything they make? I wonder how in the world are the other painters all over the place painting it everyday without a gripe?

I am not saying you don't have a legitimate beef with the product or their custom service. If you had a bad experiance, you DID, that is a fact.

But what do you say to the guy who loves it, there is someone (many) who paints it without a problem and loves it.

What do you say to them?

Do you have a link to their web site?

Brian
Old 10-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

I always look at someone who makes one negative post about some product on the day after they join as a less than credible source of information.

It sounds to me like a "revenge" post.

I wonder how many more sites this guy has joined singing the same song?

later,
Mikey

Add a link edit: I wonder if this is the company?
http://www.dna-paints.com/index.htm#Scene_1

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 10-26-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:31 PM

i think you will find that dna paints is actually made by alsa corp, but dna paints is the aussi company that distributes them.

i have spoken to roland many time on the ph and was looking at becomming a distributer in Tassie, but wit a young family and risking my great job to do so, we decided that we are comfortable how we are wit out the stress of opening up a new business.

roland was very patient and extreemly helpful in all our conversations, i have not however used any of their products but am about to order some for my partner to get started in airbrushing.

i dont know wat your qualifications are, and am not having a go at you, but maybe you didnt use the product right, maybe your prep work wasnt upto scratch,m you didnt exactly say wat went wrong wit the products you used or wat they actually were.

maybe if you shed soem more light on the subject, ppl might understand wat happened and why you are so angry!!

krem
Old 04-07-2008, 05:29 AM

DNA Paints

Open Letter From DNA Special Paints and Coatings

Thank you Krem for your kind words!

Allow me to make several corrections, to several postings in this thread.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************************
Roland Geitenbeek

Proud owner and Director of DNA Special Paints and Coatings, and Products That Work. An Australian based company operating for over 20 years.

email: ******************
Tel: ******************

Last edited by Centerline; 04-07-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:19 AM

Interfering with emails and suppresion of Free Speach!

I have sent an email to Hot Rodders Forum a copy of which reads as follows:

To Whom it May Concern
It is accepted practice by newspapers, journals and other ethical publications to attribute changes with an Editors notation, my last posting has been almost completely deleted by you without any such notation or reason?
The posting was factual and intended to correct false information, however, you are editing this in a manner that I cannot understand, please give me the courtesy of a reply explaining this and why you continue to allow anonymous postings that are false and misleading and damaging to our reputation and business?
I am happy to telephone you at a convenient time to discuss this further.
Cheers,
Roland Geitenbeek
Managing Director
DNA special paints & coatings
Melbourne Australia

Last edited by Centerline; 04-08-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:43 AM

i would like to know wat was said in rolands 1st post, i think its a bit unfair that the person that started the thread can slag a product the way he did and also the use of 'defamation of character' towards a person and his post is not edited out, yet rolands post is basically un-readable, if it starts a s**t fight then edit the posts,

roland is just tryin to put right wat this bloke has said about his product and self, why not let ppl read it so they can make up their own minds on the products??

krem
Old 04-08-2008, 05:06 AM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

I agree. I read the rebuttal before the over-censorship and there was no reason to delete most of it. If someone comes in to attack a product, the owner or distributor of that product should be allowed a rebuttal.
Either delete the whole thread or allow the post with only the commercial links deleted. Like what would happen to anyone else. Right now this just looks really wrong.

Larry
Old 04-08-2008, 05:52 AM

Censorship Abused?

The email that I posted did not contain any advertising or promotion of my business!

I stated that I posted to forums under my own name and do not post lies under an anonymous name.

The posting was signed off by me as Managing Director of DNA paints and Special Coatings, together with my web site address, telephone number and email address so that anyone could contact me if they wished to do so.

I have yet to hear from the webmaster or owner of this forum to explain why my rebutal has been dleted in this manner.

One could speculate...but rather than draw the wrong conclusions, contact me to set the record straight.

I have sent another email as follows and await your reply?

"Hello Forum Webmaster ( knowing your name would be appreciated)

I have visited the forum and read the emails.

You have still not answered why you have deleted most of my email and refused to discuss the email that slanders me and my business!

Censorship, if lewd or smutty images or commentary are posted, but when one attempts to set the record straight, what's the problem?

Let me know if you will remove the posting by "Willem' located at dna paints{what a waste of money} as well as request Goggle to remove all reference on their search engine, or, post up my original email and at the very least, post an editors or webmasters note under "Willem" email stating that the Forum disagrees with slander and that the comments are not those of the site, alternatively, you may wish to apologise to us for allowing this to continue for so long, but censorship of the kind demonstrated by deleting the bulk of my email is wrong! What have you to fear.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and shall await your response

Roland Geitenbeek"
Old 04-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

The OP has not been back for 1 and 1/2 years, he obviously was dealt with in the first couple of posts.

You ask for us to disagree with, and remove what you call "slander", (we don't know if it is slander or not.) That is censorship of free speech as well.

It seems to me that you come on the board , promoting your product and including your business contact info, which is clearly against the board rules. You need to read the business posting guidelines before you ask any more questions and post your business info again.(you can edit out your contact info, or a mod will do it for you.. It is all explained in the guidelines for this website, a link is found at the bottom of every page here..

If you can't stand any negative comments about your business and product, especially ones that are over 1 1/2 years old, then I see bigger problems for you.

I don't know what was in the post you made, but if it was edited out by a moderator, it could have been construed as aggressive business promotion.

Later, mikey

Old 04-08-2008, 11:24 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Geitenbeek
I have sent an email to Hot Rodders Forum a copy of which reads as follows:

To Whom it May Concern
It is accepted practice by newspapers, journals and other ethical publications to attribute changes with an Editors notation, my last posting has been almost completely deleted by you without any such notation or reason?
The posting was factual and intended to correct false information, however, you are editing this in a manner that I cannot understand, please give me the courtesy of a reply explaining this and why you continue to allow anonymous postings that are false and misleading and damaging to our reputation and business?
I am happy to telephone you at a convenient time to discuss this further.
Cheers,
Roland Geitenbeek
Managing Director
DNA special paints & coatings
Melbourne Australia
Do yourself a big favor and READ OUR COMMERCIAL POSTING GUIDELINES before complaining any further. We have many automotive related business owners on this site and they ALL abide by them. Posting a link to your business is NOT ALLOWED. Neither is promoting your business. Neither you or any employee can post contact information, or promote your business on this board.

I'm sorry if you don't care for our rules but whether or not you like them they are there for a reason. This forum is a SPAM free place with no ads or other commercial postings. Please abide by our rules or go somewhere else.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
....I stated that I posted to forums under my own name and do not post lies under an anonymous name.

The posting was signed off by me as Managing Director of DNA paints and Special Coatings, together with my web site address, telephone number and email address so that anyone could contact me if they wished to do so.

Roland Geitenbeek"
You state that you post under your name and sign off as Managing Director of DNA paints. However in two of your previous posts under your name in July and August of 2006 (posts 35 and 40) you posted under your name but tried some stealth marketing to promote your business by pretending that you had found this great paint and giving the web address without disclosing your interest in the company.

alternative brands to expensive custom paints

In this thread you come back two years later to again promote your company by listing your web site in the forums. Why you would bother to bring this thread up which had not been posted too in two years?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:33 PM

Censorship and Slander

A reply recieved today from Mikey at Hotrodders forum say's, among other things, "that I am promoting my own business by what you call "stealth marketing".

If that is the case and it contravenes the rules of your forum, then in my defence, let me say that I am reltively new to computers and the use of forums, maybe I did not fully understand?

However, if I did inadvertantly breach your rules, then I am big enough to apologise for that indiscretion and assure you that it shall not happen again.

With regard to your claims that you do not know if the original reply is slanderous or not, it states clearly that I am a smart **** and that my product is "rubbish" and goes on to make other, what appear to be fabricated and false allegations designed to cause us harm.

I tried on several ocasions to email the writer of that email via your web site and got no response, you have my permission to post these emails and let your forum readers decide what to make of it.

I have emailed and sent letters to HotRodders Forum since the middle of last year, all of which have been ignored. hat I have waited patiently for this time does not in any way excuse the libel or in any way mitigate your responsibilities as a publisher.

You say that you cannot 'censor' the posting by "Willen" but you had no such compulsion doing a censorship job on mine, and boy what a job you did!!!!!

One person did read it in it's entirety and later commented that it was okay! I know thats only one opinion, but at least it is an independant one and not biased and defensive as you now apear to be!

In the (now almost completely censored) posting, all I endeavoured to do was put on the record corrections and or refute incorrect, false or misleading and libelous statements.

What are you scared of? Post up the un censored version and let your forum readers decide, after all, they are the only ones who matter!

Why you continue to 'defend' "Willems" malicious and libelous posting and yet heavilly censor mine is indeed curious?

Unless you have a hidden agenda, post it back upwithout your censorship

Roland Geitenbeek
Managing Director
DNA paints and Special Coatings, Melbourne, Australia.

Last edited by Roland Geitenbeek; 04-08-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

You have been a member here for almost 2 years, and you have made 6 posts, 3 of which were promoting your product, 4 of them included your business contact info.

The post from Willym was made during your membership period yet you wait all this time to address his claims.

There are many business owners on this board, most all have no problem following the rules. If you'd like to create a presence here, do so by checking into a forum such as our exterior forum. Many people ask paint related questions there. Try answering some, without promoting your product.

That is what this board is about, the sharing of unbiased information, by knowledgeable people.

Your product will get a better reputation from having a knowledgeable , helpful member being associated with it than a guy who can't handle a little criticiscm.

The original poster made some negative claims about your business. Several disinterested experienced members scrutinized and discounted those claims, and one member who has had personal dealings with you stood up for you, citing personal experience. .

The way this works is, you as a business owner, cannot promote your product here. Someone who is truly disinterested can post all they want., (by disinterested, I mean someone who will gain nothing from posting for or against your business.)

Please read the rules for posting and you will get along fine here. Keep promoting your product and posting contact info and you will have a rough go of it.

BTW, I did not say you were practicing "stealth marketing".
That was Home Brew, another moderator here.

Another thing...an "email" is private correspondence between 2 or more people using a private electronic mail service..

When you write a statement and allow it to be displayed on a web forum or bulletin board such as this one, you are "posting".

This box with my statement is a "post" and the series of "posts" makes up a "thread".

Prove your sincerity and your products worthyness by following the rules and acting like an unbiased, contributing member..

Later, mikey

Old 04-08-2008, 07:25 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
.......................You say that you cannot 'censor' the posting by "Willen" but you had no such compulsion doing a censorship job on mine, and boy what a job you did!!!!!..............
OK, that's enough. If you READ THE RULES you will understand why your post was edited.

This will serve as your one and only warning on this subject. Follow the rules or I will suspend your posting privileges. I don't wish to do this but trust me I will not hesitate to do so if you continue to argue about this.
Closed Thread

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.