Hot Rod Forum banner

do you have enogh air

960 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  michelobmike2004 
#1 ·
i thought i would share this with eveyone. your home air compresses never seem to keep up with sand blasters, DA sanders, etc. unless you have 2k dollar monster in the back room. so what i have been using is a gas power air compressor that puts out 11.9 cfm. the tanks are small, but the output is big. i also have an Ingersoll 40 gallon that pumps 5.7cfm. i then built a manifold that you run an air hose from each compressor and another air hose from the manifold to the business end your using. this combo is a monster putting out 17cfm. i can sand blast and maintain 100psi for a long time.

so if you what to DA a car and get it done... you probably know a buddy that has a portable gas compressor.

if anyone has a question please ask
chez

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I run an 10 horse gas compressor with a 30 gallon tank. It rates at 25 cfm. It will run my sandblaster, BUT it is to fast for my paint gun which means it usually stalls out at a full tank. Luckily I can run quite a while on that tank before I have to restart it for the HVLP.

I have pics of the beast in my journal. It needs frequent maintenance but I like overkill.

http://hotrodders.com/journal_photos/00013590/10986665580.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.