Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Do you prefer mechanical or digital odometers?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 07:33 AM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

My vote is for analog , the reason is simple it looks more correct. Led's are fine for a computer, I go for bulbs in tail lights and analog gages.

Cables? what cables, lights are the only wiring excluding the amp or volt meter, in fact all the sensors needed to power the digital are more cluttered and messy looking then the mechanical stuff. Is there a digital vacuum gage? not thinking so, so the choices for digital are even not that great.

For instance notice the big bulb looking sensor needed to run a temp gage, looks like a mushroom growing on top of the manifold, same for the oil pressure. I guess one could always put a big pan on top of the motor, kind of like a hat covering some guys bald head that would hide the mess. Speedo calibration easily done... that is a stretch, first think about it. How many times do you go through that, once or never, and to change a gear on a transmission is one heck fo a lot easier then working under a dash, flipping dip switches figuring out the correct combination. Easy install for a speedo digital ............. HYPE

When looking into the interior and seeing blacked out plastic squares or round dots, that's a turn off ......Butt UGLY!!! a thousand times

Last edited by pepi; 07-09-2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: wording