Do you remember when? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 12:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Do you remember when?

Do you remember your first speeding ticket and what you were driving?
Mine was 1968 near a small town called Smithfield and I was driving a 55 Chevy 150 with 327 4-speed. Ticket was for 78 in a 55. I was late for an inspection at the air base where I was stationed and cop didn't care.
Problem was, the ticket had to be paid in person in Smithfield and I had just two weeks earlier been banned from going through downtown due to loud mufflers. I had to park on the outskirts of town and walk to the courthouse. The people in this town meant business too....at the city limits was a big billboard that read " welcome to Smithfield, home of the K-K ". Only ticket I ever got.

Advertisement

Last edited by fiftyfivegasser; 01-10-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 02:09 PM
oldsmobile compatible

Last wiki edit: Selling your car Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

I was on the highway driving from Brandon to Winnipeg in an '86 Plymouth Horizon. Got stopped by the RCMP. I detected a French accent - I could tell he was from Quebec - so I spoke back to him in French (my first language) and he let me go with a warning. Ya!

Warning didn't work though. Wasn't long before I got a some tickets and a goofy accident.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:26 PM

Last photo:

It was in 1985,I was 16 and going to a party after a mardi gras parade. I was driving my high school car with 3 buddies and 2 chicks. The car was a 57 Chevy 210 4dr sedan with a thick wall 283 that was hogged out(it was bored 125 thousandths)and power glide. the cop claims i was doing well over 110 but i say no way..still to this day. That car had 456 gears it wouldn't go over 55 officer..honest. oh i forgot he wrote it for 75 so he wouldnt have to take me in....
Old 01-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I was well into my 30s when I got my 1st speeding ticket...........I had gotten many, what they called "unnecessary noise" violations though...... squealing tires etc.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Marcel

Last journal entry: Choo-choo town
Last photo:

do you remember when

Come to think of it I do. was in the USAF, stationed in Mt. Home Ida. coming home home on leave. I passed through this little town, (can't remember the name) slowed down, shortly there after the road curved left, crossed a bridge then curved right. Then it straighten out for a ways. then there was a car strolling along to slow for me (having 2400 miles to go) so I passed it. Once around it I looked in my rear view mirror to see if I could safely pull back in. Bingo: State patrol was in hot pursuit. I stopped . He ask did I know how fast I was traveling. I told him no sir My speedometer didn't work.
He said I came through the town (a 35) at 55, I crossed the white line crossing the bridge ( which he called driving on the wrong side of the road. And that I was doing 80 when I stepped on it to pass that car. charged me with 90 in a 60.
Went straight to court. $1.00 per mile for the first 20, $2.00 per mile for the next 20. He ask the officer if I was any trouble, and he said no sir, he just said his speedometer doesn't work, but I didn't check it. Judge said $1.00 per mile plus $4.00 court cost. I paid and thank them. As we, me and the officer were leaving the court house, he ask if I raise the hood. He couldn't believe a 312 ford with a 3 speed could have that much peep. 55 Mercury 2dr. ht. 3 speed with overdrive in 1963, the good old days.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:06 PM

Last photo:

Don't remeber my first ticket, only that in a couple year period I got MANY tickets ! 1967 & 68, first year home from 'Nam' , partying , drinkin' , 'a little' ..................any was it was a '65 Chev SS convert, 396 4 speed, got so many tickets, had to move outa state to keep cops from pullin my license, but then they actually banned me from driving in their state for a year !................... I think if that happened today, I would be in jail for sure !
Old 01-10-2008, 07:06 PM

Last photo:

I was 16 and driving my sister's new Fiat 3P (2 door hatchback, remember those POS?!!). Wanted to see what it could do. Clocked at 77 in a 30, in a Fiat! Honest to gawd. Last ticket I ever got.
Knockin wood.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:17 PM
540ci ford want sum?

i was 17 i was driving my first car a 1990 5.0 mustang 5spd deathtrap.......i got pulled over on i-10 just past of sheldon road for doing 87 in a 65 my dad was pissed but it was the first of many until a ditch jumped out in front of me and i totaled it but then i got my hands on a 68 falcon w/a 302 and a 3spd that car was alot of fun even though i had to put plywood over the holes in the floor
Old 01-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Viva la Migra!!

Last photo:

Oh , I do remember it... all too well.... It sounds alot like the O.P. .
Saturday morning, upstate New York, 1992 . Had an 82 Thunderbird with a 302 and a 5 speed trans ( out of a Mustang ) and I was late for work . The car in front of me was going really s-s-s-l-l-l-o-o-o-o-o-o-ow..... but the stupid road was full of double lines and wicked curves . (Probably why they were going so slow , but of no consequence to a 19 year old kid with a hopped up Ford ) so the first straightaway we come to, I punch it to pass these fools.......wouldn't you know it - Statey was comin the other way. Gave me a ticket for 74 in a 55 , so I didn't have to go downtown , but said I was going 80 ......
I was so green , I showed up to court , and he wasn't even there . Judge asks me " how do you want to plead? ".. i say --- Guilty ....... He says ( in disbelief) GUILTY?!?! I said " Yes your Honor " . So he says " why are you here , then " to which I replied " The officer told me to come to court today "

I paid my fine and left , but DUH!! I can't believe I didn't know that he was basicly giving me a freebie. He didn't show , so I would've walked. and he TOLD me about it...

Oh , the joys of youth!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

I was 17, and on my street bike,Didn't put both feet down at a stop sign, Then tried to out run them,Me on my bike and my friend on his bike,We got caught,They tried to say I didn't put both feet down, I told them I have never heard of that and my life!! But only got that ticket.Let us go on the out run part.I would have out run them if I wasn't on a Honda 200.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:24 PM

Last photo:

Mine was when I was 19, I was on my way home from a local cruise in. It was 11pm the road was completely empty( except for the cop in the hiding on the side of the road). Got caught drag racing my uncle in his corvette with my 327 powered S10. The cop thought it was funny when he found out it was my uncle and dad in the other car so i got lucky with 85 in a 70.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:35 AM

My fist ticket was in a 1955 2dr post.I was comming out of a town here in Oregon called Parkrose on Sandy Blvd. I had just dropped my girl freind off and was thinking I was hot stuff,pedle to the medal. I dont know how fast I was going but I see a pair of headlites comming out of town catching up with me fast. I almost make the driveway of my foks when i get pulled over. the cop said he was doing 120 mph to catch me and wanted to know what iI had for a engine to be able to make him go that fast to cach the old 55. I told him I had a worn out 265,he wouldnt beleive it in a second and said pop the hood and if he saw an oil filter on the block I was going to jail. opened th hood and to his supprise, no oil filter. He closed th hood,wrote me up for a broken tail light and went on his way shaking his head.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:23 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

1959, poor boy at the Univ of Tenn. Rode to Tampa Fla with a couple of gals in a new 59 Chevy Bel Aire 4 dr HT. On the way south just north of Chattsworth, Ga, she was pulled by a County Mounty for 75 in a 55 and we had to follow him to Cattsworth and pay the fine to the Magistrate before going on our way. The next week on the return late at night, I was driving and had just passed thru Chattsworth, when a 49 Plymouth Business Coupe passed me like I was sitting still (must of had one of Centerline's beloved Hemi under the hood) and I thought I would get by with him being the ticket magnet. When I could not keep up at 85, I slowed back to about 70. Lights were coming up behind fairly quickly so I slowed to the 55 speed limit. The lights flashed and the County Mounty roared by. A big sigh of relief was short lived because a few miles down the road, the flashing lights, with the County Mounty flagging his flash light convinced me to pull over. The other guy was locked in the back seat and he told me to follow him back to town. In the lights of the Magistrates office (same guy) was the same County Mounty and I had to pay the same fine. Fortunately, they did not recognize me (the two girls stayed in the car). They hauled the Hot Rodder to jail. That hurt because my budget was $20 a week for spending money. No fun for the rest of the school year!!!

Three years later, my then girlfriend decided to get married just before I went into the Air Force. We made the drive to Chattsworth, Ga in my 36 Ford 5W because Tenn had a blood test and 3 day wait requirement. We went into the Magistrates Office and there was the same guy performing the ceremonies. Well, I still have the 5W and the same wife. Life is good.

Trees
Old 01-20-2008, 01:52 PM
kc0kfg

Last photo:

first ticket

It was 1986 I was 16 It was in a 77 Chevy 1/2 ton pick -up with a 454 and a turbo 350 trans (God I went thru tranys in this truck) it wasn't my fault really, much to tall tires on the rear made the speedo read 10mph off.LOL

Brian kc0kfg

P.S. it was for a 42 in a 30

my worst or best how ever you want to look at it was 92 in a 55 do you know how long it takes to get a vw dasher to do 92???

Last edited by kc0kfg; 01-20-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: forgot the speed
Old 01-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,158 Times in 955 Posts
1957, 15 years old with a learner's permit. Nailed for drag racing my dad's brand new '57 Studebaker Golden Hawk in downtown Dayton, Ohio.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.